Keep the North Shore Sane

This blog will be about the North Shore of Oahu. The focus will be on the politics, economics and lifestyle of the North Shore. The North Shore is such a small place, people are often intimidated and do not speak their mind. Here you can speak your mind. I accept guest posts either by name or anonymously as long as they are not obscene. Let's argue, let's be opinionated and let's really dig down into the issues that affect our lives here on the North Shore of Oahu.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ask A Big Group At The Beach - "Where You From"?

This morning, when I noticed a big group of local people setting up a tent at about 8:00 AM, I asked them

"Where you guys from"?

"Ewa Beach" was the reply.

I've posted several times here how the West side situation impacts the traffic on the North Shore - link. So I asked them a follow up "Did you guys used to go the West Side?". He answered "Yes but now with all the homeless it is to much trouble." Granted, I might have been "leading the witness", but I really don't think so.

So when you see a large group of people with pop up tents, barbecue, keiki - these are not tourists. Ask them in a friendly way - "where you guys from". If they say anywhere, let's say south or west of Mililani, ask them if they used to go the west side and why they don't go there any more.

I think the answers will be the same - too many homeless.

In solving our traffic problems, we can fix bottle necks, protest development, but there is a volume issue on the North Shore that is happening because of events outside of our control.

Of course we need a new road. Also, the North Shore would benefit greatly from a clean up of the West Side. The impact on all beaches on a nice day could be spread out over a larger area.

Give the West Side back to the locals and traffic will go down on the North Shore.

I GUARANTEE IT!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2007 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    now you are blaming the traffic on the locals who live on the otherside of the island? poor excuse
    they have every right to be on this side and the homeless have no homes becuase of the rich!

     
  • At 6/20/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger Toegee-Jon Midpoint said…

    I would not say "blame" as I am mad at them. I am trying to explain why since about 2003 until now not much on the island of Oahu has changed but traffic on the North Shore has exploded. I am trying to find a reason.

    I believe the reason is that people are afraid to go to the West Side because of the homeless campouts there.

    I would do the same thing if I lived in Ewa - gladly drive 45 more minutes to be safe.

     
  • At 11/27/2007 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the explosion in traffic to the North Shore is VERY simply explained. "Blue Crush".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home