Keep the North Shore Sane

This blog will be about the North Shore of Oahu. The focus will be on the politics, economics and lifestyle of the North Shore. The North Shore is such a small place, people are often intimidated and do not speak their mind. Here you can speak your mind. I accept guest posts either by name or anonymously as long as they are not obscene. Let's argue, let's be opinionated and let's really dig down into the issues that affect our lives here on the North Shore of Oahu.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Serial Protestors of The North Shore

Today, I got my Defend Oahu Coalition email notification about another protest . I'll show up and wave my broken surfboard.

I am sure I will be joined by my brothers and sisters who spoke out against the Shark Tours last week. What a fact-filled, scientific meeting that was!!!

I have felt so righteous as we protested against the Mall at Sharks Cove and all those annoying Surfing Contests. We all had a great time protesting to Boycott Turtle Bay and now to Stop Turtle Bay. I enjoyed seeing my fellow radicals as we Saved Waimea, Stopped Pupukea-Paumalu and fought against Andy Anderson and the V-Land development.

I love running into MY protesters as walk the line for maids, bus drivers, university professors and nurses. We all want to Stop The War, Feed The Homeless, Stop the Strykers, Give Hawaii to the Hawaiians, Save Kaka'ako, Save Sandy Beach, Impeach Bush, Save the Whales, No Nukes, Keep the Country Country, Love the Luddites, What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding, and my favorite - We Are The Union, The Mighty Mighty Union.

I kind of wonder at times where the young people who aren't dragged to our protests by their parents are? Maybe they are protesting against the draft or living on the Mainland because they can't get a job here?

Where would the world be if my brothers and sisters who want to "SAVE EVERYTHING" and "STOP EVERYTHING" were not doing our good deeds?

The whole world would be DEAD of global cooling... or is that global warming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home