Keep the North Shore Sane

This blog will be about the North Shore of Oahu. The focus will be on the politics, economics and lifestyle of the North Shore. The North Shore is such a small place, people are often intimidated and do not speak their mind. Here you can speak your mind. I accept guest posts either by name or anonymously as long as they are not obscene. Let's argue, let's be opinionated and let's really dig down into the issues that affect our lives here on the North Shore of Oahu.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Was WRONG, Mike Magaoay WINS!!!

My only political prediction of the entire election proved to be quite wrong. Mike Magaoay defeated Carol Philips by about the same margin of the previous two elections. I was pretty sure Carol would win based on money, Union friends and her single issue No Way Turtle Bay campaign.

But, perhaps I should just stick to writing thought provoking posts.

My first take this morning is that despite maybe picking up the promised union votes and the radical enviromentalist vote, she turned off a lot of other people who had voted for her before by carrying such a hard line anti Turtle Bay stance.

I'll say it again, I know a LOT of people who support Turtle Bay because Turtle Bay puts bread on their table or on the table of someone they break bread with often. Sure they don't put signs up, have bumper stickers, scream at the community meetings or protest FOR Turtle Bay. But they sure did vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home