Keep the North Shore Sane

This blog will be about the North Shore of Oahu. The focus will be on the politics, economics and lifestyle of the North Shore. The North Shore is such a small place, people are often intimidated and do not speak their mind. Here you can speak your mind. I accept guest posts either by name or anonymously as long as they are not obscene. Let's argue, let's be opinionated and let's really dig down into the issues that affect our lives here on the North Shore of Oahu.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

So, I Had To Pee Near Haleiwa

Coming back from town, I had to go. I thought, Haleiwa Park, Shark's Cove, Sunset Beach? I decided to go sooner at the bathrooms where all the soccer fields are and the nice playground. How bad could that be? Families go there, lots of kids play sports there, Arts Festival is there.

So I go to the Mauka side of the restroom and there are a half dozen homeless people giving me what I thought was stink eye. Maybe I'm being paranoid here, but I was feeling a bit scared.

Then I go in to the bathroom - GROSS!!!

I'll spare you the details but it is unacceptable that a tourist or a citizen of the state of Hawaii should have to endure that disgusting bathroom.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you people who are responsible for this.

9 Comments:

  • At 9/11/2008 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Disgusting bathrooms won't change until we can solve the homeless problem.

     
  • At 9/12/2008 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Toegee disagrees. The bathrooms were gross before the homeless moved in.

     
  • At 9/12/2008 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There have been homeless at those bathrooms as long as I've lived in Haleiwa (18 yrs).

     
  • At 9/13/2008 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they should level those filthy things & put up a Hooters Bar & Grill.

     
  • At 9/14/2008 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about, just clean it and maintain it. How about putting toilet paper in the stalls. How about providing garbage cans to put paper in and then cleaning out the cans. How about using a hose and washing it out once a day or every other day. How about painting them every other year. How about replacing fixtures when they break within 48 hours.

    Hooters is at least clean.

     
  • At 9/14/2008 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check the ocean level there at high tide. It won't be much longer...
    that area is gonna wash away.

     
  • At 9/14/2008 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey toe gge, could you repost the open letter to jack & blake?
    It was so true. I am now driving my kid to Millilani to swim on a good team. EVERYDAY!

    Thanks Jack!

     
  • At 9/14/2008 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually we drive to Waipio Central Oahu Regional Park.

    to think we almost got Northern Oahu Regional YMCA. Makes me very unhappy with those spoiled brats.
    my father came back here after 20 years away. he asked if this place was gonna ever grow up?

    Nah, Jus getting worse cuz...........

     
  • At 4/21/2009 6:28 PM, Blogger andrea jonna charuk said…

    humans are animals or have we forgotten our roots and true place in this world. pee in the bushes. super clean in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home